Πέμπτη 2 Φεβρουαρίου 2023

“Introduction to Byzantium” by Billy Chrissochos


 This past Sunday (01-29-23) I had the privilege of presenting my “Introduction to Byzantium” multimedia lecture for the #AHEPA Whitestone Chapter 495 at the Holy Cross Greek Orthodox Church in Whitestone, Queens.

We went on a brief journey through the millennia-plus long Byzantine History. My goal was to highlight some of the global contributions of #byzantium to civilization in Europe, the Middle East, and the rest of the world. Saints’ lives, Emperors, and other historical figures, and events were touched upon so we can see how they all intertwine to form a cohesive picture of Medieval, Christian Greek life.
Many thanks to Chapter President Peter Ragoussis and District 6 Treasurer, Supreme Governor Region 3 Br Theodore Stamas, and Br Dimitrios Antonakis for welcoming me to the Whitestone Chapter.
I am the AHEPA District 6 Director of Hellenism, Past President of Hermes Chapter 186, and Former Delphi 25 member. I currently teach Byzantine History at Saint Demetrios Prep in #Astoria.



















Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου