Σάββατο 9 Σεπτεμβρίου 2023

Callas' 5 top roles. Norma, Lucia, Tosca, Medea and Traviata


 This month I am going to listen again to Callas' 5 top roles. Norma, Lucia, Tosca, Medea and Traviata. Yesterday Norma, London 1952. Feel the adrenaline running in the first scene. Great Casta Diva, her best I think! Tremendous Cabaletta, she hits the final high C half a beat early, no applause. How bad she must have felt after all she gave. Edward Downes, who was the prompter back then, and whom I had the great honour to meet, told me she was devastated. He said to her, London audiences are like that. However, it is a wonderful Norma. I love it, so moving. I only wonder why in the first duet with Adalgisa, Callas doesn't sing her duetting part in A si fa cor abraccia mi.

Maria Callas (Admirers group)

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου